Friday, June 27, 2008

on a less controversial topic...

my lovely sister is pregnant with her third child, and i am getting a new niece in december. alright, well we aren't sure whether or not this is, in fact, a girl, but it seems only fair that jil finally get a girl. since the time that jil told me she was pregnant, i had been spending a great deal of time dreaming of the beauty that will emerge in six months, until jil brought home this recent souveneir from her latest visit to the doctor's office...




you might notice that not only are the ocular cavities enormously large for her tiny head, but she appears to have flesh-mangling teeth. i fear that this baby may in fact be alien spawn sent to eat me.

the doctor claims that those are the baby's little hands and not fangs, but i'm still not entirely convinced. what do you think: child or alien spawn?

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

yay for jil! but i must confess that at first glance- this post made my heart leap out of my chest since i thought we would be expecting a little jesse boo in 9 months! :)

Stephanie said...

oh yeah, and i wanted to say that i am currently swaying to your lovely mix! it is comforting to know that with such a distance between us we are still musical soul mates. i love that. :)

Ali said...

OH MY GOSH

I can't get over your "violated" post. People don't SAY things like that... think it, sure. But to say it?! Are we KIDDING?

What was Jesse's reaction? Andrew and I were stunned (yet laughing our heads off) to read what he said to you. Oh my gosh. So funny.

My gyno once told me that I had the breasts of the century, during my first ever breast exam. Um... "thanks pervert, can I have my co-pay back?"

Anyway, great story.

Diane said...

Why do you tease me so, Becca? I was sooo excited thinking this sweet alien spawn was yours, but alas. Come on - I need more people to buy cute baby clothes for!

B said...

congrats to jil and dave. and to keep the good news coming this little baby isn't even flipping us off. double congrats

Carrie said...

I barely know you and yet I, too, was excited at the prospect of a new baby. Happy for your sister though. anyway the real purpose of my comment is to say that I like your "i belong" button and I copied you and put on on my blog too. I hope you feel ok with that. ps. I really enjoy your writing.

jana said...

Am I a terrible excuse for the estrogen-dominated-sex if I see nothing in the ultrasounds? When I squint, it kinda looks like Alan Alda.

I vote alien spawn.

Jones Family said...

HAHA. Ultrasound photos can make a baby look so adorable!! That is a funny picture but I am sure the baby will turn out fine ;)

diana palmer said...

when i showed my best friend ultrasound pics from my pregnancy, she said she never realized how closely related humans were to amphibians. when it IS yours, its so surprising how much you love that little alien. i remember martin saying, "oh, she's so pretty..." and as your post demonstrates half way grown fetuses are anything but...