Thursday, July 10, 2008

there and back again: a hoboo's story

since i don't have a job and jesse had some time off, we decided to go home for the fourth of july. mostly, we spent time ooh-ing and ahh-ing over all the cute offspring in both of our families. it was time well spent.


first baby on the list was izzie, our niece on jesse's side of the family. izzie and i bonded quickly (it's amazing how food brings people together, even when the people are only three months old), and i felt it was time to take our relationship to the next level...

tyra banks seems to be a significant force in the lives of hopefuls for america's next top model, so it seemed only natural that i coach izzie through her first photo shoot. i have a feeling she was born to strike a pose.

the rest of the week was spent catering to the needs of all the grandchildren on my side of the family, and it was insane to say the least. jesse had to head back to boise shortly after barbecuing on the fourth, but i stayed behind to help create a pirate birthday party (the cake i made rocked, and if i get a picture of it, i will certainly have to post it) for my oldest nephew, parker, and implement said party for ten kids under the age of eight. it was intense.



going to idaho falls is really a great time, and i definitely needed to recharge my battery, but i was eager to return home to my sweet husband and my lack of job prospects (alright, perhaps i was really only looking forward to the whole great husband bit). i love the babies and all, but it is nice to have a quiet home where we can spend hours lovingly gazing into each other's eyes, discussing all of our admirable qualities (which is obviously what we do in all of our spare time).

my plans for unbridled love were smashed into the rocks of reality when i returned to find jesse united with his new love: his brand new macbook he got for pharmacy school (thanks again debbie and larry!). while i am pleased for him, and recognize that the computer rocks, i can't help but secretly loathe it for its living desire to fulfill his every command and ability to do so much more quickly and efficiently than yours truly.

i left the land of babies to return to jesse focused intently on his own. such is life.


p.s. credit for this post's title can be credited to: my recently renewed love for the hobbit (thereby including bilbo baggins and j.r.r. tolkien) and jesse's brilliant analysis of myself as a "hoboo".

9 comments:

Minister of Chainsaws said...

Yep... Izzie obviously gets her ravishingly good looks from her uncle on the Jones side, Wade obviously gets his hatred for all things living from his aunt Annie (did he just eat a brown cheeto he found on the lawn, or is he simply enthralled to be held by me?), and... those two nerds at the bottom are totally H-word.

Angie said...

well i must say "dont you look good with a baby!"

B said...

I must admit that the new macbook is stunning (congratulations jones, apparently months of pining and shameless hinting do pay off in the end. I wonder if it works as well with boys)But I must admit, with even more conviction and spirit, that a hoboo appears to be unparalleled in her beauty, grace, and photography coaching abilities. seriously boo that is a great picture of both you and izzie. And also let me say ahh, good eastern idaho.

Stephanie said...

nice macbook! i am in love with macs and was saddened by the unfortunate decision at work to get me a pc for practical reasons... practical schmactical. we are a dedicated mac family.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

great tyra banks reference. you are a great photographer. if the whole real world job doesnt work out, i think you have a calling being a creative artist. i mean, seriously, "a flower grows in bronco stadium"? that gorgeous b & w? seriously, becca.

also glad that you had a good 4th with family. i hope the job hunt brightens for you! my dog walking days end this month... sad.

melissa said...

men and their independence. sheesh. but really, sorry to be redunadant, but you are a cutie, hoboo. sometimes being cute is better than having a job. (do you belive me?)

Diane said...

So....ANTM is doing auditions in Idaho Falls this year. That, my dear, is your calling.

Jones Family said...

You look so natural with a baby! I happen to love America's Next Top Model...Chez makes fun of me for it. I think I like it so much because I am so short that I could never be one myself! That little girl is so adorable though and she strikes a pose well! ;)