Monday, June 9, 2008

in other news, we moved

about a week and a half ago, jesse and i had our first big move together. because we are moving to pocatello in the next little bit, we didn't see much point renewing our lease or going month-to-month (particularly because i am currently unemployed and therefore broke), so it was time to move on.

i have been delaying blogging about the move for a few reasons:


1. i am still recovering physically from the exhaustion that naturally ensues after a big move (in our rush to move out, we didn't even think to ask anyone to help us move all of our furniture, so it was just jesse and i)

2. i hate blogging about events for which i have no pictures (all pictures used in this post are a bit old)

3. i am oddly emotional about the whole ordeal


i know that not everyone saw our apartment as lovingly as i did. most people walked in to our five hundred square foot, one bedroom cave and would make comments like "wow, cozy space here," which not so subtly translates to "how do you live in these cramped quarters?" however, i loved it there. it was our first place together and it really felt like home to me.

right now we are staying at my dad's condo in the boise area, and we're grateful for the free rent (and the extra storage space for everything we haven't had time to deposit in our storage unit in pocatello), but i still find myself dreaming of this...


and ocassionally this little nook...

but i don't miss the tiny kitchen so much, though there were some good memories to be had there (can you imagine the frustration associated with making an entire thanksgiving dinner on that mini stove?)

so, until we have new jobs and homes, for now we live homeless, humble, and happy.

over and out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have many fond memories of your apartment and i will miss you living there. if you need a shoulder, i'm here man.

Christopher said...

Boo...
Not that it helps but I still think fondly of Kodie and I's first place and it was only 400 sq Feet!

Andrea said...

sweet apron! someday you'll have a cutely decorated by becca HOUSE, and i expect to see a blog about that when it happens. =)

Auntie M said...

Not to sound preachy...The feeling of home you felt while living there was not related to the structure. It was only the physical location of the newly established home (i.e. you and Jesse). It warms my heart that it felt like home. Only I translate that to me that your relationship with Jesse is home. You will always have that no matter what physical location either of you are in.
I love you.

Sarah Lenz said...

I totally get it. After we moved, I had reoccurring dreams about the first apartment that Kent and I shared. This went on for months I missed it so much. I'm hoping I don't go through that again this time, but I am definately trying to ignore the fact that we'll be moving in 9 weeks.

Jones Family said...

Love it. You have the best attitude about your old apartment! Sounds like you are just happy with Jesse no matter where you are. That is awesome. Good luck with your move to Pocatello. If you do need help with that, Chez and I would be more than happy to help.

Christopher said...

Apparently I have been accused of having the shrinking first apartment. I do believe that my apartment was also 600 sq ft (for the record). Your just SEEMED bigger than mine was so I figured if yours was also 600 then mine MUST by virtue have been smaller. But for the record Weston DID have the SAMLLEST apartment I have EVER seen. Bed closet any one?

Diane said...

I love your sweet, wee kitchen. And I love you decked out in your kitchen regalia!

Audra said...

I love the mini stove, it is like a play stove! But it would be hard to make thanksgiving dinner on it! Moving is awful, I am glad you are doing well!

B said...

i know what you mean i can't really picture you two living anywhere else. plus i feel your moving pain as i too am moving to a temporary home and then to a new apartment in the next little while. ugh moving is the pits

Stephanie said...

i can sympathize! we lived in a studio for so long and i was excited to move on but i still dont feel comfortable where we are and find myself missing our cozy cave as well.