Thursday, September 11, 2008

speech! speech! speech!

does this blog feel more official?
does it sound like it is coming from a productive member of society?
because it is.

i got a job. and i am thrilled. and it is BY FAR the best job i applied for.

in two weeks, i will begin working as a writer/tours administrator for the idaho national lab (inl). this job is fabulous for a few reasons:

they actually LIKE that i have a master's in english (who knew?)
the interview itself was so relaxed, fun, and interesting
it is in idaho falls, so i will be able to go to target on a regular basis after work
the health insurance is AWESOME
i get every other friday off
it pays significantly more than any other job i applied for.

so, thank you to everyone who said a little prayer for me or kept me in their thoughts. i have no doubt that those efforts helped so very, very much. today i have learned--yet again--that i am pretty willing to take whatever comes my way first, but that if i am patient and let the Lord help me make these decisions that he always comes up with a much better plan.

and that's today's thought. holla.

15 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

yay! congrats! :)

Ali said...

Awesome!!! I'm so happy for you.

diana palmer said...

that's like holla as in holler, not hola as in hello? i'm a littile out of anything cool.

this job sounds so totallt awesome cool just like you! go get 'em.

Carrie said...

That is such a lovely turn of events! Congrats to you on the job and all your hard work finally paying off. And the Target bonus was worth the job alone, I'm sure.

Stephanie said...

hoooray! wow! what a dream/cool job. i am so so happy for the boo! you must keep us posted on what exactly you are doing- it sounds great.

melissa said...

that's really awesome, fo real. you've done it--you've gotten a job with your degree. you are now my hero(ine).

!!!!!

Auntie M said...

Isn't it interesting how things turn out? It would seem someone has a plan for you. Perhaps a bit more optimism, happiness and patience in the future??
I love you dearly little lass!!!!

Audie said...

Congrats on the job!!! I hope it proves to be a great one.

Diane said...

Ahhh! Huzzah! Huzzah! I'm so happy for you and only a little jealous as I still wallow in the bowels of unemployment. You are now my role model/inspiration. I knew you would find something awesome.

Adam & Jetta said...

Holla back! That's great that you'll get to go to Target on a regular basis, even better that you'll have money to spend there :)

Christopher said...

*does little victory dance in his workspace for you*

Angie said...

"sweet" (like napoleon dynamite would say it ... you have seen that movie i presume)!
so i read the blog fast, not sure if you mentioned this, are you taking the bus out to the site or is it an in town inl job?

Suzie Koskella said...

Congrats on the Job! That is so exciting!! :)

Andrea said...

hooray! now you'll have all kinds of cash to spend money on target stuff online. it sounds interesting-- tours administrator??? great! keep me updated, ms. money bags!

Nickie said...

Okay, I couldn't help myself, congratulations on the job!
AND
Thank you thank you thank you so much for your musical comparison of the suck brothers vs. the beatles! I'm so glad I am not the only one who believes that is blasphemous! I adore the beatles, and anyone who grew up listening to their music should appreciate what you're saying. I hear you loud and clear sister!
Again, congrats on the job, I'm glad it's perfect!
Loves