Tuesday, September 9, 2008

so poorly cast as a malcontent

well, as it always seems to happen, the moment i published my self-pitying declaration, things started to look up. it seems the Lord always knows just when to come through for me and show me that life really is much more of a blessing than a difficulty... no big news to report on the job front as of yet, but it looks like we are on the brink of something amazing, so keep the prayers/good thoughts coming. and to everyone who provided some words of encouragement THANK YOU. you made me laugh and, most importantly, you made me feel much better.

i have decided to use this post to highlight some of the positives about my life lately. i don't have any pictures of the house yet (i know, i really should get going on that), but I have enjoyed working on a few projects for all the new space. for instance, i am now the third generation of the davis family to refinish this dresser. my grandma refinished it some years ago, then passed it on to my parents--who also refinished it--and now i have had my turn. i quite like how it turned out.


i also had a gay old time making myself a table runner, as the dining table is actually used for eating now and not as my desk. awesome.


and yes, in case you were wondering, it's totally reversible. i'm not really great at the whole sewing thing (if you don't believe me, you can ask my dad. he always likes to tell people about the time i tried to make pajama pants and i sewed the whole thing shut. come to think of it, that would have made one lovely, pants-shaped table runner...), so this is pretty exciting.

another momentous occasion has been getting jesse a new bike to handle his transportation needs, particularly the need to get from one end of campus straight uphill to the other side of campus in ten minutes. i feel like we have now adopted a lovely, red, french child who lives in the back of the house next to our washer and dryer. welcome to the family, LeMond.


finally, and most excitingly, we are so close to both of our families. the drive to visit our parents seems so short in comparison to the drive from boise. it has been so great to be able to quickly make a visit... and to show annie and marion (aka mommy dearest) the thrill that is photobooth.


so, overall, life is good. life is great. life is blessed.

9 comments:

melissa said...

oh i LIKE that dresser. i'm also glad you're feeling more up. up is better.

Christopher said...

I am glad you are feeling better! I hate to think my kid sister is unhappy :-p (even if she isn’t a kid anymore)

Diane said...

I love the dresser (that gray paint is lovely). I love your table runner (cute fabric). And I love the bike (cute french name and awesome color). What's not to love? I'm so glad that things are looking up for you, and please let us all know about this something amazing that you may be on the brink of as soon as you can!

Stephanie said...

i like the shinsie title
i like the bike and its frenchy name
i like the picture of the mother and sister because they both didnt have hair like that when i knew them best and its nice to keep up on these things
i like the craftiness, but it does send me into a crafty panic- like- why is everyone so crafty and i am so not! (i WILL be!)
and i like you.

Ali said...

Where is your bike living? If memory serves me right, you have a pleasant looking bike yourself (was it pink?). I'm impressed by your domesticity.

So I have to tell you the 'scare' that made me realize that I actually, dare I say, 'want' to live here. A month after Andrew was hired on, we got word that his company was planning to lay off 225 employees. Because he didn't have a spec of seniority, we were convinced he'd get cut and we'd be u-hauling our way back to Utah, back into our former cave of an apartment. I was filled with panic at the idea of starting over. I realized how I had been neglecting the blessing of secure employment and insurance for our kids, etc. Thankfully, his supervisor laughed in his face when Andrew voiced our concerns. His job is completely safe and my perspective shifted. Thanks for enduring (my comment).

Auntie M said...

I am so proud of you! I love the approach of noticing the good about life. Pres Hinckley said that the trick is to enjoy the ride. I think that he is "spot" on. It really is a trick.
I am so proud of your ability to try anything. When I grow up I want to become Boo!
I love you.

jana said...

Is LeMond pink? I'm a little disturbed by the thought of a soon-to-be pharmacist tooling around town on a pink bike.

There's this pharmacy dude on my bus every morning. He's way cool and way chill. Must be a vocational requirement.

And congratulations (again!) on your job! I'm thrilled the way God is working in your life and I can't wait to see/read/stalk more.

Annie said...

May i just i love my attempt of a hot face! haha! jk!

boo face mcjones said...

jana, for the sake of all goodness, you know that there is only room for ONE pink bike in this house. lemond is bright red, but i am still having fun with our photo editing software and may have gone overboard with the whole "fade color" function...