Monday, September 15, 2008

simple pleasures


sometimes i think life will be perfect when i have written something that is recognized as significant by the world.

sometimes i think life will be perfect when i have obtained perfect faith and act with perfect charity.

sometimes i think life will be perfect when i finally have what i consider to be a perfect haircut.

sometimes i think life will be perfect when i am a mother to a dozen wee ones.

sometimes i think life will be perfect when i have traveled the world over.

then jesse comes around and convinces me that there is little one needs to really feel that life has attained a state like unto perfection. this weekend all it took was some "cotton eyed joe" blaring, roller skates firmly strapped to my feet, quarters flowing into the arcade games of DeLeta Family Fun Center, a wealth of tickets to spend on finger puppets and plastic jewelry, and some time laughing hysterically with my best friend.

best.date.ever.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

sweet finger puppets!!! i hope you struck some ANTM-inspired poses while on roller skates.

Stephanie said...

you guys = HOT

i like this perspective

how's your new job??

Ali said...

I have to say... I can relate. Last night, we spent our home evening wandering around Lowes as we pushed our children around in their "rocket" carts. We didn't buy a single thing, but it was one of the best 'nights out' I've had down here, in the South. I love that pic of the two of you.

Christopher said...

Boo, I couldn't agree with you more! Thank you reminindg me in your own way to enjoy the simple things. What a great sister I have. And Jessie is ok too ;)

Auntie M said...

You make me giggle. Now I am going to be singing Cotton eyed Joe all day.
So will the finger puppets go on tour?
Where's the plastic jewelry?

Minister of Chainsaws said...

I hope those little kids aren't too upset that I won 2 prizes, therefore denying them the sweet victory they were longing for (victory so sweet, in fact, that it tasted EXACTLY like Mt. Dew).

Also, for all of those brothers-in-law I have out there (which, honestly, I "guy-love" the crap out of... see Scrubs for better understanding), my name is spelled J-E-S-S-E... you know, like the male way of spelling it.

Christopher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christopher said...

opps! Duly noted. Though J-E-S-S-E, ask your wife I have NEVER been a strong speller. I still have to spell check everything I write (including my own blog, ask Missy) I chronically misspell alwase and jully (always, July) I know it is wrong I just can't help it.

I am thrilled that at 31 I finally remember my sister's name (the not your wife one) only has one "L" in it.

Please don’t take it personally. As for the sentiment on "guy-love-ing the crap out of” it is a mutual one. Please bear with my plethora of imperfections. Trust me, in 10 years if the worst thing you can say about me is that I misspell your name, we are doing pretty darn good! :)

And boo... sorry about the leaning in the chair thing at my house the other day. I was out of line.