Tuesday, May 29, 2007

dark confessions

warning: the following list is not for the faint of heart (or those who are unsure of their intense--don't worry, you'll get there--love toward me).

fact: i have started playing a video game (it is called zelda for the nintendo wii) that involves me creating a character and interacting with other characters in a fantasy world. i actually play this game into the wee--no pun intended--hours of the night and--today--before lunch (does that mean it's an addiction?)
feelings: i am ashamed of myself for going back on my resolve to never do such a thing, and yet i am exhilerated by its forbidden nature.

fact: i hate my job, but i am getting so good at hiding it that my boss recently thanked me for being so positive and creating a happy work place.
feelings: i am either (a) glad that i have fooled everyone enough that my sarcastic "happy to be here" and "fake it 'till you make it" has come across as genuine or (b) saddened that i work in an environment that is so blind to sarcasm...

fact: because i never see the light of day, i have begun frequenting a tanning body lotion. this lotion, however, has turned all of my white towels a disgusting brown color.
feelings: meh. that's what bleach is for, right?

fact: no one in my ward will talk to me. no one. jesse and i spent an entire linger longer (with delicious crepes) sitting by ourselves at a table in a room full of crowded tables. it could have something to do with the fact that i introduced myself in relief society like this: "hi, my name is rebecca jones. i am working on my master's in english. (in response to the worried looks that indicate shock that i am not in dental hygiene or nursing school) yeah, i'm kind of a dork. i don't really recommend talking to me... it's pretty bad."
feelings: i am slightly saddened to be the ultimate social outcast, but it sure beats awkward church coversation, eh?

fact: i felt guilty that i had not posted on my blog for roughly a coon's age. however, without anything exciting to report, i created an entire blog filled with arbitrary facts about my life.
feelings: well, i enjoy writing about myself, so people probably love reading it, right?

9 comments:

melissa said...

ha, you said "coon's age." thanks for that.

Andrew Flegal said...

fact: Ali loves reading Becca's blog

feelings: SO HAPPY that you finally posted again :)

Ali said...

Oops, sorry - really Ali Flegal posted that last comment. I didn't know I was signed in under my husbands name.

Angie said...

What kind of tanning lotion are you using? I'm always looking for a good one! Haha.

B said...

I am with Angie. Is your tanning lotion good? Also be honest Boo, you intended the wee/wii pun

Stephanie said...

i said to thomas as i clicked on your linked from my blog: "becca hasn't posted in a while but let's just chec... yeah!"

see you soon maybe?

fact: we will be in provo from like sunday to thursday- the second week in june... yeah, something like that. no pressure. we just want to see you but if it doesn't work with your school or work schedule then we completely understand.

i love you and your blog.

rachel garber said...

That was fantastic! We need to get together...before the year is over. Deal? I'll be gone next Thursday until the 15th and right now I'm booked up until school FINALLY lets out on Wednesday. But, like I said, before December...

diana palmer said...

why don't ya tell me where ya live and how much ya pay as long as ya're confessing---moving back to boise the old hometown pretty soon......thank you.

profile: wife husband 1 1/2 year old
husband will be bsu grad student

boo face mcjones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.