Wednesday, May 16, 2007

summertime: the living is easy

today jesse and i took our bikes on their summer picnic maiden voyage in the park behind our apartment. it was so lovely that i actually arrived at my wretched place of employement with a smile on my wee little face. i just thought that this was a good time to introduce everyone to our children.
this is jesse and his bike (our son) The Flash. please pardon the goobery look on jonesy's face; he was pretty much oblivious to the fact that i was taking a picture.
this picture is of me and my bike The Pink Monster. i think that this picture not only captures the love affair i have with my bike, but also my inner desire to be the horseback diver from the fabulous film Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken. if you questioned what that film is, i urge you to rent it as soon as possible. it will undoubtedly change your life.
the end.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

so cute! my green beach cruiser was stolen and therefore I have decided to ask for a new bike for my birthday- in other words- I understand...

love,
stephanie (from ashley's account)

melissa said...

are you guys in some kind of cute couple bike commercial?

Ali said...

I do feel inspired. we are in the market for a bike of our own (we've been mooching of our neighbors long enough...) Picnics are the best.