Sunday, January 10, 2010

wishing and hoping

at a recent appointment, my doctor told me i only have to make it three more weeks before the baby is considered full term. since they are worried she will get too big with my diabetes, it sounds like they won't be letting her stay in there much past that. weekly ultrasounds and non-stress tests are doing all the hard work to configure that business.

on my end, i have decided i am officially done photographing my pregnant self after taking this dandy photo.


not seen in this photo: aching back, enormously swollen feet and ankles, general discomfort, lack of sleep, and constant angst about little one growing too big/breathing right/coming out too early/staying in too long/terror of delivery. but i know that she is the answer to so many of our prayers, and i feel so at peace about everything -- and i know that is the answer to so many of your prayers. thank you for that.

i hope next time you see my face it will be glowing with the excitement of the safe arrival of little one (aka the only thing getting cuter in this pregnancy).

12 comments:

melissa said...

well, it's funny, but i can't imagine not having a picture of myself taken for three weeks. yikes, that shows how camera happy we are, scary.

as for you and the infant, bwaaa, i can barely contain my excitement after reading this. and good thing those doctors know so much science.

Ali said...

How adorable is your hair?!! And your 'forced' smile!! You look beautiful. She'll be here before you know it (yeah, right. every minute between now and then will still be uncomfortable!) Hang in there, she'll be beyond amazing. I'm so excited for you guys.

Audra said...

Wow! Only three more weeks! I hope all goes well for all three of you!

Brigette said...

Well, you sure know how to fake it. I never would have guessed. Almost made me think that you had it easy. You sure are lucky to have so many prenatal pics of her, though.

Diane said...

Seriously, dude. Seriously. You are like the most beautiful pregnant lady ever. You don't even have puffy face! Keep taking those photos! :)

You. are. gorgeous. (and would be even if you had puffy face)

Stephanie said...

i was actually thinking how lucky you were to look so small when so far along you lucky duck! where's the fat face with accompanying rolls and pudgy limbs?? no fair :)

Jones Family said...

Ohhh!! I am so excited for you. I hope you can make it through the next 3 weeks without being TOO uncomfortable. I know the feeling though. Just think, in a month or so, you will have your sweet little baby in your arms. Good luck :)

Audie said...

Good luck with the next few weeks. It's going to come and go so quick! I'm so excited for you. There's is nothing quite like the birth of your first born!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you Becca!!! I can't wait to see her!

Angie said...

I dont know why you are done photographing yourself. you look adorable!!

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

You're beautiful and she's beautiful (I can tell from the ultrasound).

I can't wait to see pictures of you both together!

My prayers and thoughts are with you all.

Ryan and Janelle said...

wahoo! you're almost there! Good luck with everything! I hope it goes perfectly. Looking forward to pictures!