Wednesday, April 15, 2009

becca takes manhattan

i will say that there were ups and downs. the biggest up? seeing this lady on broadway for this play was phenomenal. and hearing my baby sister sing at this place was cool beyond words (just like her).

but, not visiting this place was nearly heartbreaking. and finding out that this place doesn't even exist anymore was a disheartening revelation.

but finding a three-story version of this place made it all worthwhile.

did i take pictures of these things? no. but i did get a picture of marion trying to make a gang sign. and that, my friends, is priceless.

oh, and here are some other pictures if you are interested.

i loved the trees

particularly the ones in bloom (i only want to plant blooming trees at my house. they are just perfect).



and we had an overall great time


(i hope you liked exploring the different sites again with me)

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

i love marion! i love gang signs! i love your hair and i remember that umbrella with fondness and i am so happy you got to go on a fun trip friend!

melissa said...

i've never been there, did you know. you look smashing, by the way.

Ali said...

oh, your hair... I love it. New York... that's my hope for 2010.

Unknown said...

I'm so envious of you right now. That is so awesome that you went to NYC! Your family is cute. I enjoyed your pictures. Fun, fun! Oh and I love that last picture of you in the scarf, you are absolutely gorgeous my friend. :)

Brigette said...

Sounds like you gals had a fab time. Every girl needs a girls-only trip in their lifetime.

B said...

I love the gang sign and seriously your hair is beyond cute. what is that little headband you have in? I am pretty jealous of everything that you did and wanted to do. Like others I have never been to New York. If/when I go I want to go with you girls because you look very city chic.

musson said...

The gang picture is my favorite. That cracked me up.

Also! Since I am way behind on blogs, this is the first time I've seen the hair cut. Freaking cute!!! It's tempting me to chop a couple inches off.

Glad you had fun!!!

Unknown said...

I love that picture of you at the end...tres chic.

Zan said...

You are too cool for me! so metrpolitan!

Audra said...

Your hair is so short! And very cute too! New York looks amazing!

Andrea said...

your umbrella is fantastic! and your mom's gang sign is hilarious =) looks like you had lots of fun! thanks for blogging about it and taking me on the journey too.