Friday, February 27, 2009

scatter sunshine

a few things brightening my life lately:

tax refunds


potential trip/cruise to spend said refund


swimsuit shopping for said trip (online, of course. no one likes trying on swimsuits). i'm particularly liking these ones:





going to nyc with my mom and little sis in five short weeks

french eclectic style (click here to find out what your style is--thanks, Diane!)






learning a little more every day about trusting God's plan for me (and learning patience when it's not my plan).

oh, and did i mention fridays off?

in fact, i'm feeling so sunny that i've almost forgotten that my brand-new jeans split right in the crotch in the middle of my workday yesterday...

9 comments:

Diane said...

I'm glad you had fun with the quiz. I took it about 12 times just to be sure.

And a cruise! And NYC! Lucky, lucky girl!

melissa said...

1. friday's off alwasys?? that makes working almost fun.

2. jeans at work on a thursday? that makes working almost fun.

3. plans! plans make working worth it.

Carrie said...

that yellow swimsuit is beyond words awesome. Actually I like them both. What a tough decision for you!

rachel garber said...

I enjoyed your quiz . . . I am classic. Which is so true. I would love NYC, I am thinking I should've chosen that over DC for spring break but alas, I am still excited to get away :)

Jones Family said...

A cruise will be fun. Do you know where you are going? We went to the Bahamas last year and that was pretty nice. The yellow suit is cute. Is it from Victoria Secret? I only know that because I recognize the model. I shop for swimsuits a lot on the Victoria Secret website. How sad is it that I recognize the model?!

Annie said...

i am sooo happy you are coming with mom and me to new york you dont even know. i am SOO sick of my choir!

Jil said...

The jeans we got Valentine's weekend? That blows! My cute grey shirt we got also met a tragic end. The fabric frayed and came out of the seam. But the store let me exchange it, sadly they had no more of that shirt so I had to get something else instead.

The yellow suit is very cute, but I think you'd be more comfortable in the grey one with your long torso and all. I'd usually call you to talk about your blog, but your phone's still on the fritz.

Zan said...

I like the first swimsuit.

I was going to leave it at that, then I realized how terse that would seem, so this sentence is meant to ameliorate the intensity of the first sentence.

Unknown said...

fun travels! patience is a hard lesson to learn... although this is coming from someone who does nothing all day =)

and bummer about the jeans!