Sunday, January 27, 2008

some sad news

i am sure that most of you who read this blog have heard by now, but tonight President Gordon B. Hinckley--the President of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints--passed away at the age of 97. it might seem odd for me, at the ripe age of 23, to feel so personally impacted by this loss, but i can honestly say that President Hinckley has been one of the most influential figures of my life.

every message that i have heard President Hinckley deliver has felt inspired to help guide my own personal life. his messages have always filled my life with love, an increased understanding of myself and my life's purpose, and appreciation for the Savior and the wonderful men and women who made so many sacrifices to make my life as full and blessed as it is today. i know that he was, and is, a man of God.

President Hinckley is one of those few people that left the world a truly better place than he found it, and i feel honored to have observed his life and felt the powerful influence of his example.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

i love going around to different blogs and reveling in the spirit of memorial and gratitude- we all feel so connected to him and so personal. i think that is another sign that he was/is a true prophet.