Friday, November 30, 2007

the joys of the celebrity spokesperson

much to jesse's dismay, i spend a lot of time lately researching type I diabetes and the various ways it could drastically decrease my quality of life or simply end my life (morbid, isn't it?). luckily, i stumbled upon this little gem of internet uproar, the sheer ignorance of which sadly warmed my heart. thank you, halle berry...



for a wonderful response to this blissfully misinformed cure to diabetes, may i recommend this article.

hey, who needs the facts about a serious disease from those unattractive "professionals" when we have the wisdom of cat woman to guide our medical decisions? in the meantime, i'll be working on "weaning" myself off of insulin.

6 comments:

melissa said...

and while you're at it, why don't you "wean" yourself from vitamins until your body produces them itself? why don't ya?

boo face mcjones said...

jesse wants us to start "weaning" off of oxygen. you know, so we can go hang out in space and whatnot.

Andrea said...

i think she means "wean" in a metaphorical sense; come on, english major, apply your critical theory and extract the intentions of ms. berry's statement that necessary chemicals in the body can slowly be elided to the point of self-sufficiency and womanly independence.

btw, our engl 500 grades are posted on blackboard. freaky.

Stephanie said...

so, what i gleaned from this clip is that with a little hard work, determination, and talking out of your a$%- you too can be annoying. US magazine was right, the Stars are just like us!!!!! i think i can hold my head up a little higher today. :)

B said...

I have been laughing nonstop about this since I read it the other day. I have been holding off posting until I had something witty to say but it has been three days and still nothing so I instead decided to just write this run-on sentence explaining how I am not at all witty.

Melissa and Allen said...

Yay I'm so happy you added me! I am a faithful reader of your blog. You are so funny!