Saturday, October 13, 2007

bragging rights

was everyone aware that i own the typewriter on display on this blog? because i totally do.

did you know i took a swimming class in college, and i earned an A despite all predictions that i entirely lack physical coordination/athletic prowess? because i totally did.

were you aware that i drive a stick shift? because i totally can.

was it within your realm of understanding that i was bonneville county top county model (for my age group, of course. my sister also earned the title for her own age group) circa 1995? because i totally was.

is it in your ken that i once stared at claire danes for so long (in real life. i know, right?) in the airport on my way to stephanie's wedding that she actually moved to another terminal, and then i found out later that she was on my flight anyway? because i totally did.

did you know that i just polished off an entire bag of haribo gold-bears by myself in the library in the face of a fallen pancreas and strict rules regarding the consumption of food in the campus library? because i totally polished it.

if you answered no to one or more of these questions, we obviously haven't spent five minutes together in a long time.

*this message brought to you by the Foundation for Building Self-Esteem in Grad Students Gradually Losing Sight of their Long-Term Goals and Sense of Self (FBSEGSGLTGSS)

11 comments:

Grifter said...

This is what i like. A little Boo self-promotion. Enough of this "I fell on my face in public" fare.

I bet you could polish those grad-school-spawned doubts like so many gummy snacks...wax those chumps like candles.

Your blogging slogan for the coming year: Boo is Great in 2008

melissa said...

well, this is quite a stroke of geniusity, if i do say so myself.

personally, i'm going to be writing a creative thesis...perhaps you should look into doing a memoir (picture this: 100 pages of this post. sheer academic a+)

B said...

Were you all aware that I knew many of those things. I hate to brag but I am pretty sure that I am your absolute BFF!

Ali said...

I'm such a loser. I can't drive a stick shift. AND I don't have a chin to be a model. However, I can eat gummy bears.

Stephanie said...

ah, what a breath of fresh air you are and i like that my name made it in... it makes me feel like i have higher self-esteem by association. can i be the campaign manager for the boo is great in 2008 gig?

Grifter said...

You'll have to fite fite for that position, Steph.

But if prior experience serves me, I know you are a fighter to rival even Ms. Aguilera.

Stephanie said...

true true, thanks for the recognition (man, watch out- this post may be serving my self-esteem a little too much. keep me in check. i'm still in my pajamas and it's noon. there, ah, the familiar gloom of safe mediocrity). :)

Stephanie said...

on an unrelated note- i was looking at my friend's blog and someone had commented on her post under the username: "bart's rebecca"... boo, do you have another blog out there that you are keeping from us? gosh, i hope the answer is yes. a blog under this name could only result in some serious hilarity.

Ali said...

Becca,
I am not kidding... I would buy a "dumbledore loves women" t-shirt in a heart beat. Do it!

melissa said...

hey kiddo, new post for us anytime soon? you can't ignore us forever.

Stephanie said...

i agree with the mel.