Friday, August 24, 2007

a boo by any other name would smell as sweet

here is a list of what i am officiall addressed as all across my life:

rebecca lee jones
rebecca jones
rebecca davis
rebecca lee davis
rebecca davis jones
rebecca davis-jones
rebecca jones-davis

a typical phone call with any official corporation/organization/employer/entity goes something like this:

business dude: alright, can i get the name on that?
boo: rebecca jones
b.d. : umm... i'm not seeing it
boo: try rebecca davis jones
b.d.: nope, not there
boo: rebecca davis?
b.d.: nothing
boo: boo face mcjones?
b.d.: umm... that looked more likely
b.d.: rebecca davis jones banana hammock?
b.d.: oh yep, there you are. could i get you to verify your contact information?

5 comments:

melissa said...

why do you have official business dudes calling you? are you in the cia?

B said...

Why would anyone have your name as Rebecca Jones Davis? This is all craziness! Speaking of Davis i saw the parents at the movie tonight (oh just to be clear, your not mine). anyway, I was so glad to see them I almost hugged them both. I miss you.

Stephanie said...

i seem to recall that bart attends quite a few movies. that's what he used to do at least when i was a part of the davis family. fond memories of seeing james bond, harry potter, elf, and other such enjoyable films.

B said...

a boo by any name any my life right now would work for me. I miss you. I hope your first week is going smoothly.

melissa said...

yo, grad school is for cools. have you started teaching??? how exciting!