Monday, August 22, 2011

In her pack

Pen and I are gearing up for a ladies' trip tomorrow, which means I have spent the last two days doing laundry (can't leave the husband without a drawer full of clean underwear), packing and mentally preparing for a road trip with a toddler.

An essential part of every trip is Pen's little backpack with odds and ends to entertain her during the drive. I was going over what I packed for her with Jesse to ensure I hadn't left anything important, when he informed me that I needed to record this list for posterity.


So, we have:

Story books
Flap books
Books with pictures of things she is learning the words for
A tiny Teddy bear that she won't leave the house without
The burping Shrek toy she loves from a McDonald's happy meal circa 2008
A flashing music toy
A Pez dispenser
A mini football


So she has to be entertained for four hours, right?

3 comments:

Ali said...

You are golden! I hope the trip goes well. The only suggestion I would make (pro-sugar, always) is a handful of dum dum suckers.

Jil said...

i was starting to get worried until i saw you didn't forget the shrek toy. you're set!

Ryan and Janelle said...

That would keep me entertained for hours!!!! Tell us more about this girl's trip!