Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My sounding board

I was whining to Jesse about some silly "mean girls" stuff that has been bugging me lately.

"I don't even know why this bothers me so much," I said.
"It bothers you because you're a girl," he said. "And a nice one at that."

This made me feel better for a while. A few hours later, I got in bed with something else on my mind.

"Since you understand that I'm a girl, I have something else that is really bothering me lately that I need to get off my chest," I said.
He put down his iPhone, got very serious, and said, "OK, what is it?"

I breathed a heavy sigh.

"Colored denim is coming back."

"And?" He asks, waiting for more.

"And I kind of like it."

And just like the first time, getting it off my chest made me feel much better.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

heh heh heh heh This is delightful. Completely delightful. And do tell about the mean girl stuff cuz I hate that crap and I'll beat people up for you and let's make a formal agreement here and now to buy those green pants together because you know I live on an island right?

B said...

I like it too. Man, I am such a sucker.

Also hate mean girl crap.

melissa said...

i don't really know any mean girls. that is not bragging, it just means i don't know anyone (besides you guys, obviously) well enough to know if they're mean or not.

but colored jeans, heck yes.

Ryan and Janelle said...

haahh i feel the same way!!! I love them too, but can I really pull them off?! Ps, the posts below are adorable too. Love the matching outfits with P. :)