Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Because it just seems wrong not to acknowledge it

Cameron, if they let you read my blog in heaven (I’m sure they do), know that we love you so. After eight years, we miss you as much as ever. And we are looking forward to seeing you again.


Maybe all babies look alike, but I see a whole lot of Penelope in this photo. It could be that he is about her age in this picture. I think it's that mischievous little smile. And yes, my mom is a total babe.


The classic crazy eyes photo. Nice. (this photo has been cropped to protect those who may look particularly emaciated... like me.)


And, yet again, I resolve to get some new photos of you on my computer. I think I've been saying that on this blog for, what, three years now?

4 comments:

B said...

I can see some Penny in that picture and yes your mom is a babe.

I feel so much tenderness for Cameron and for you all around this time of year. Thank you for always allowing us to be a part of your experience and your memories of Cameron.

melissa said...

oh i know what you mean--it feels weird not to say something, but what do you say? something serious? something funny? something sentimental? this seems just right.

ps doesn't 8 years seem like a crazy long time? and how about 12 years? yikes.

boo face mcjones said...

Mellie, you are so right. I hate to be a downer, but it's not always a depressing day. Pensive, perhaps, is the better word for it. Either way, it's important to me, and I'm not going to pretend it isn't.

And 12 years? Wow, that does seem like a long time. But 8 years hasn't really FELT like a long time (if that makes sense)... How about 12?

boo face mcjones said...

And Miss B, I adore you. Thanks for being wonderful.