Monday, January 17, 2011

Yes, it really happened OR Adventures in cheesy jokes

Jesse calls this look Penelope's "Beethoven" hair. Get it? Because she kind of looks like Beethoven.

(Just imagine her with a stern look -- come on, Ludwig, it can't be that bad -- and clothing on. Get it now? Great, let's keep going.)

Well, after a rather epic nap, she woke up with some serious Beethoven head and a ridiculously full diaper. I put her down on her changing pad and started to do my thing, but she saw something interesting across the room and made a move for it.

I don't know if you've tried this before, but it is really difficult to change the diaper of a baby who has turned over and made a break for it. I did the good mom thing and started dragging her back to the changing pad with her new toy, but she refused to get on her back.

So in utter frustration, I screeched (please tell me you see where this is going? I can't believe I didn't.), "ROLL OVER, BEETHOVEN!"

Ah yes, little girl. The age of being embarrassed by my lame jokes has just begun.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

you and thomas would get along. oh wait, you do get along! but i swear he has said a few beethoven jokes in his time to the children. all dog movie related. awesome!

melissa said...

ha. my baby can't get away from me yet, phew.

Jil said...

boo! and i'm not calling you by your nickname, that's a heckling boo. yet i love you more at the same time

B said...

I love that your own sister just heckled you. I love lame parent jokes, I laugh at every single one. Keep them coming