Monday, December 13, 2010

Around here, this is what romance looks like

Last night the baby wouldn't sleep again. (Don't ask me why. I'm fresh out of ideas.) Jesse and I were rotating soothing duty around 2 a.m., and I got on the computer to check on some Christmas gift shipping statuses. Somehow I ended up reading our e-mails from five years ago.

Can you say nauseating? I mean, really. "I can't wait to see you for lunch in three minutes." "You just left and I already miss you." I got back in bed with the hubby and told him about a few. We laughed at how silly we were back then and giddily mocked ourselves.

A few minutes ago I found this photo on my camera. This was taken on our anniversary a few weeks ago. Right before this picture was taken, I was pouting in our bedroom about how there was too much to do with the baby and we wouldn't have time to go out. Jesse dear took action in his own hands.



I still remember the feeling in my stomach every time I got an e-mail from Jesse in 2005. I remember my heart fluttering every time he told me he wanted to marry me. Even better, I remember feeling like I would burst with joy the day he actually lived up to his word. Four years later, and he's still got it. And when I look at things like this, I'm pretty sure I've never found him more attractive.

7 comments:

melissa said...

yeah, man.

ps i think nate has the same polo shirt.

Anonymous said...

yay for love! yay for you guys!

Ali said...

Fatherhood is attractive. I relate to everything you said.

B said...

Seriously, 2005? Does anyone else feel like it was not that long ago. Fatherhood is even better than Adam Levine as a look for Jesse (yep, Jesse I am going to bring that up at least once a year).

Ryan and Janelle said...

You guys are cute, and it's clear you're a dynamic duo :)

Andrea said...

you are very fortunate to have each other and now little penny. your love posts are so refreshing and a nice break from all the whining and complaining in blogging world (and i am very guilty of this).

Jessica H. said...

Amen Rebecca, there is nothing more attractive than a husband being a good daddy! Thanks for posting this; it made me smile--congrats you guys!