Thursday, May 27, 2010

i know, i know

i'm not a great blogger. the posts are becoming increasingly less frequent and interesting.

you just have to accept that.

but i feel you might take pity on me for some of the following reasons:
  • i am working full time these days. and it is awful. luckily, i have a very attractive live-in nanny. (i don't want to get too descriptive, but i think he might kiss me if i play my cards right.)
  • penelope is getting over her first sickness. this is terrible in itself, but even worse knowing that jesse is the one taking care of her all day while i am at work. at the height of the illness, i came home at lunch for some hardcore snuggling. she cried until i gave her back to jesse. i might have cried a little on my way back to work.
  • we are moving to boise next weekend (hooray!)
  • we are moving next weekend (ugh... packing...)
  • i am throwing a bridal shower for the sweetest libby in the whole wide world (hooray!)
  • i am throwing a bridal shower the same weekend i am moving (ugh... what was i thinking? last time i checked, i do make my own social schedule.)
  • i am changing my work location (see boise note) and cutting my hours, but still retaining about the same work load. i will be overwhelmed, but now i will only overwhelmed for five hours a day at work, and the rest of the time at home with the little one.
isn't this just how life seems to go? busy, busy, busy. i am seriously craving a nap. and some downtime with emily dickinson.

p.s. did i mention it has been snowing here? SNOWING in late may. at this rate, this little girl is going to outgrow all her summer clothes before the sun comes out.

6 comments:

melissa said...

hey, whoa, slow down, sister. you are quickly becoming superwoman and it's kind of intimidating.

Carrie said...

Whew. I do not know how you are doing it but it's inspiring. Maybe I should consider doing some laundry today in addition to the nap craving?

Stephanie said...

You have a lot on your little boo shoulders, but you are doing it! You always took on a lot and shined brilliantly and now you are doing it in serious real life here. Keep being wonderful you!

Kim A. Hodges said...

You are moving back to Boise!?! Are you going to be living over in my area...by Capital High School??? I would totally love to see you! Let me know if you need any help unpacking & what-not.

Other than the Boise thing, holy cow-you are a little crazy-busy. I hope you survive!!! :)

Hope to see you soon!!

Zan said...

I so did not take advantage of your close proximity. If your schedule was not already ridiculous I would demand Becca time before you move to Boise. As it is, I think we should schedule a posse date in August.

Good luck with all your happy madness.

boo face mcjones said...

Kim -- our final destination will probably be boise. but we will be staying in my parents' condo by capital high school for a month or two. what time is your ward? we are looking for a ward to crash for a couple months.

Zan -- YES! august! posse date MUST happen.