Tuesday, November 10, 2009

full heart

November is one of my favorite months. it is a wonderful season for reflection -- an opportunity to be grateful for things we have been blessed with (and boy, have we ever been blessed!). and though i know there is so much i already have to be grateful for, i am overwhelmed by the cool opportunities ahead of us that keep me so very optimistic about the several weeks ahead.

on our schedule:

seeing these guys in concert in a couple of weeks.


a well-earned thanksgiving break for the mister.

our third wedding anniversary.

gestating the little one and enjoying all the little squirms and not-so-little jabs in the ribs. (it seems like this opportunity would be blessing enough.)

jesse acting as opening speaker for this guy at an upcoming stake conference (a super cool story i will have to share in more detail later).


with so much excitement on the horizon, you would think that i wouldn't need anything else these days. really, i don't need anything else. but with the most wonderful friends in the world, i have gotten TWO packages in the mail this week. you read that right. Dos. Zwei. Deux. (and i even stole the idea for the lovely drop cap at the beginning of this post from one of the lovely ladies. it's shameless, really.)

so, i really could try to make this post a bit more witty or interesting, but my heart is just too full. i am grateful for that. and i can't wait to find ways to share it with other people. until next time, may your november be merry and bright.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

so so many great things! how exciting!

melissa said...

ooh, yes. how lovely. i am glad you are full-hearted these days.

Jones Family said...

What a great post! I feel like November is often forgotten these days. I have searched many stores with my creative son to find Thanksgiving crafts and all I find is Christmas stuff. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas, but I think Thanksgiving is one of the most important days of the year. It has a lot of meaning to it.

B said...

I love full-hearted times. I can't believe all the great things you guys have coming up. Can't wait to hear more.

Brigette said...

I liked your post. BTW, I think it's a mark of a great writer to write well even when you're not trying to. You're a great writer.

Diane said...

Awww, I'm glad you're doing so well! I would, however, like to place a request for an updated belly shot. Just sayin'