Monday, September 21, 2009

warning: random babbling

here are some things i have learned lately:

maternity pants are not all hideous. they are not all flattering. but they are so comfortable. i should have done this years ago.

peanut butter captain crunch cereal is absolutely delicious.

if you are four months pregnant, and you wear your old clothes to the gym, sometimes your belly sticks out when you move rapidly. and that is, apparently, not attractive.

sometimes ten-year-olds in primary will answer a question about preparing to share the gospel with the statement "yeah, but all my friends are mormon, so this doesn't really apply to me." well, i guess that's one approach.

six-day work weeks are not very much fun. thank heavens for a day of rest.

life isn't perfect, but sometimes i forget about the amazing compensation the lord has given me. i hope ya know that i have learned it is so true. (and i hope you will watch the video about it)

at the end of a six-day work week, you might get a letter from one of your sweet, ten-year-old primary children telling you how excited they are that you're having a baby. and it might make you a little emotional.

i should have never found this web site.

BEST OF ALL: my bff is coming home this weekend. (i can't wait!)


and there is one thing i will learn in three weeks:

whether this little critter taking up more space in my body is a boy or girl. i have my suspicions. (but we are so excited either way.)

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

these are all good things- i am so very happy for you and all these things that you are experiencing. it is fun! thanks for sharing with us all.

Ali said...

3 weeks until you find out?! so exciting. Are you and Jesse sharing the same suspicions? How very sweet and thoughtful of your primary child to send you a letter. And ditto to what Stephanie wrote

Jetta said...

Thanks for sharing the video! I have found that even though having a child add so many responsibilities and scary times... it also has helped me feel more charity to others and nothing takes away worries like a hug from your child. I am so excited for you that you are entering this stage in your life. You are a wonderful mother!

melissa said...

yay libby!

Jones Family said...

I cant wait to find out what you are going to have! I always thought the mothers intuition of what she was having was silly until I was pregnant. I knew Kingston was a boy and I definitely knew Makenna was a girl! Crazy

Diane said...

I would just like to submit my request for more preggo Boo photos.

That's all.

Brigette said...

Can't wait.

Debbie Davis said...

AGREED.
About most everything...
Especially the peanut butter captain crunch.

I always love reading your blog and I don't comment often enough.