Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm Back!

Dearest Readers:

I'm sure the worry about my whereabouts has most of you deeply concerned. Fret not. I intend to take this opportunity to thoroughly update you on my recent doings and goings.

First of all, Spring Break came! Huzzah! My parents came for a few days, and we celebrated Easter at their condo here in Boise. We ate food, watched my nephews participate in an Easter egg hunt, and made merry. I wanted to document the occassion, so Jesse and I went to take a picture. My nephew Heath is Jesse's bff, and he was quite uncomfortable that he wasn't part of the picture, so he ran out to join us. Anywhere that Heath goes, his little brother Wade also has to go. His little legs brought him waddling right behind Heath (with no shoes on!), hence our picture as a lovely family of four... On Tuesday we went to Idaho Falls to spend some time with Jesse's family. Our timing was perfect as our new niece, Isabelle, came early on Easter Sunday. We were so excited to meet her, and we were not disappointed. She is absolutely gorgeous, even at two days old (I think she gets it from her Aunt Becca--even though we are technically only related through marriage).

Jesse is officially in L.O.V.E. I think it's because they have the same haircut.

(Exhibit A: Jesse and Izzie sporting the same hairstyle)
The Davis family also received a new addition on Wednesday. My brother and his wife welcomed their third child, Deacon (click on his name for a pic of the sweet baby). I have yet to meet him, but I am quite certain that he is absolutely charming! I happen to love babies, so two in one week is pretty exciting in my book (and apparently my family is trying to outbreed all of your families...).

Finally, dear reader, during my absence the most exciting thing happened. Jesse and I were looking forward to getting our mail when we arrived back in Boise as we are still waiting to hear back from some pharmacy schools. Jesse was forlorn to find he had not received anything from ISU (his first choice out of all the schools he applied to). About an hour later we decided to check our mail again, in case we received anything new and exciting. Lo and behold, Jesse had a letter from ISU. Lo and behold, he was accepted! I am so proud of him!I guess this means that we are headed to Pocatello sometime this summer... So, is this sufficient information, readers? Can we continue our love of blogging together?

Lovingly Yours,

Boo

20 comments:

Andrea said...

sweet pictures =) i'm glad you had a good spring break... you deserved it. also thx for the chat today over salad and soda. it was therapeutic and humorous (a good combo, if i must say), and you inspired me to work harder on my 102 grading. huzzah. have a good weekend!

Stephanie said...

wow! this is all major major great news!!! congrats all around and yes, indeed, i was concerned in your absence... but you more than made up for the silence.

woo hoo! three cheers for the jones/davis families!

Audie said...

I had asked about schools on facebook...then I decided to come her and see if you had posted anything. Congrats Jesse!! That's exciting!

Audie said...

I had asked about schools on facebook...then I decided to come her and see if you had posted anything. Congrats Jesse!! That's exciting!

star said...

Sounds like you have been having some well deserved fun! Congrats to Jesse.

Angie said...

YAY jesse! i enjoyed the blog boo! i definitely should have read the blog BEFORE i emailed you! oh well.

melissa said...

phew.

Adam & Jetta said...

Yay for new babies! And grats Jesse!!! Don't leave too soon

Ali said...

a family of four... and you skipped out on the diapers and stretch marks... you have things figured out!!

Your sibling's offspring are super cute! No wonder Jesse is smitten.

And, by the way - welcome back. Your wit was missed.

Ali said...

and oh my - congrats to Jesse on his acceptance!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! Adam is doing an internship in Pocatello this summer so we will have to be buddies again. :)

Diane said...

Okay, seriously. I know I already said Huzzah! on Facebook, but I had to say it again after checking your blog and seeing the awesome picture of Jesse with his letter (although I think he looks more stunned than excited). And this is me officially delurking from you blog. Now that Jana has a blog, we should all be awesome blogging friends together. You start working on Zan...

Grifter said...

great news. that's a lifted weight for you two, i am sure.

and for you: Lit PhD at ISU?

Shay and Kira said...

yahoo congrats!!!! You will most definetly be missed!

Jen said...

Congrats Jesse! That's so exciting. I'm totally jealous of you moving to Poky. I went to ISU for 2 years and I LOVED it! The school is excellent. The town is nice too. You'll have to try eating at Senor Iguanas if you like mexican food. it's my fav! I always get their cream cheese and chicken enchiladas. Way fun for you guys. We'll miss you in the 4th ward though. Congrats again!

Talia said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the blog! I hadn't remembered our little joke until I saw that warm fuzzy. I'm still not sure what it was all about, but I do remember it being funny...at least to us. I also found the response warm fuzzy I obviously never sent you with that random number on it. Good times, good times!

musson said...

I got a kick out of Heath's smile. That is seriously too cute.

Congratulations on the new niece and nephew. AND CONGRATULATIONS to Jesse!! I bet that was a relief. So how many years is pharmacy school?

jana said...

Of course I wasn't referring to your blog! It was someone else, someone who is entirely self-serving in every way imaginable. You, on the other hand, manage to appreciate my awesomeness while at the same time appreciate your own awesomeness. Props to you! It would be easy to be consumed in the amazing awesomeness that is you (that sounds slightly sarcastic... sometimes my sincerity is too much even for me).

Meg said...

Becca & Jess- I found your blog through JJ's. I had heard that you got married but this is the first I have seen any pictures. So, sorry to be the creepy person who stalks you both but I'm so excited! Jesse Good luck with Pharmacy school! Email me sometime and I'll add get you my blog address as well! Meg Roberts(Conner)

Jones Family said...

Yay! That's exciting. We must get together once you move to Pocatello to reminisce!! Congrats on the acceptance.