Wednesday, July 18, 2007

let's speak hypothetically, here


suppose i had a friend that did not actually share a name with a television crafting personality with million dollar corporations and a brief stint in prison under her belt, but we all called her by said christian name nevertheless. and then suppose that said friend seemingly harrassed me for not having posted on my blog for a while, and even tried to intimidate me through exploiting my previously mentioned fear of not fitting in.

one may then wonder how i would handle said comment. suppose i had nothing interesting to report in my life. suppose all i had been doing lately was catching up on my harry potter (hypothetical remember) reading and perhaps even getting an outfit together that made me resemble ginny weasley for the midnight release party of book 7 (DEATHLY HALLOWS!!!) at barnes & noble this upcoming friday evening. i suppose said friend might feel silly for making me confess this publicly.

i suppose it's a good thing that we're still supposing. cool kids don't do that kind of stuff.

6 comments:

rachel garber said...

I love Ginny!! she is probably my favorite character...take pictures of you hypothetically being her and have fun at the party.

Ali said...

Repeat with me:

"I am proud to be a Harry Potter fanatic... I mean, fan."

Because, I know you are.

melissa said...

hey...i'm starting to think this isn't all hypothetical.

my scheme worked (and it didn't even land me in jail!), and it proves my point. *the point was that cool kids post new posts.*

you know what else the cool kids do? read harry potter. you better catch up before that new one comes out, or your coolness will totter.

devotedly,

martha

Grifter said...

Ah, fair Ginny. Last night, in a moment of exuberant disclosure, I told my wife that if I ever have the chance to kiss Ginny Weasley, I was going to do it. Ashley approved, stating that if Harry presented himself, she would do likewise. We shook on it. There, I said it.

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

7 Signs Your Infected with Harry Potter Fever:

1. You've read the books more times than Hermione has aced an exam.
2. You've learned another language just so you didn't have to wait a few months for the book to be translated into your native tongue.
3. You have permanently tattooed Harry Potter iconography onto your body.
4. You have played Quidditch ... not in a video game ... in real life.
5. You have been stocking up with tissues for months in anticipation of the final book in the series, “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.”
6. There is a room in your house that looks like it belongs in Hogwarts.
7. Your name is Rebecca Davis

*To see pics go to http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19838658/?GT1=10150