Tuesday, February 27, 2007

our new addition

marriage and graduate school.

although both are exciting ventures that have both shaped my life for the better, it had never struck me that both would increase my book ownership two-fold. i have been grateful for the books, don't get me wrong. however, in our five hundred square foot apartment, every bit of space counts, and our books seemed to be taking up every nook and cranny.

so, we struck a deal. i would save all of my tutoring money and good daugther money (from bart... because i'm a good daughter) until i could afford a new book case. in return, jesse would assemble said bookcase and make me the happiest wife in the world. for those of you who witnessed our previous clutter, i am proud to present our less cluttered world!


this is the old set up. all books seen in both pics were once exiled to this small set-up. you can only imagine the carnage that was our organizational system...
here is our new book shelf. she are pretty, eh?

p.s. this one's for you, mom!

2 comments:

melissa said...

That is very exciting. Bookshelves will probably make your marriage fifty times happier. (That's just a rough estimate.)

Stephanie said...

Exciting for sure! I was just wondering where my good daughter money was from Bart? I'm not technically his daughter, but:

1. I do give him more respect than anyone in my choice of nickname for him

2. I did potty train his daughter while living with her for a semester (no easy task thank you very much)

and lastly,

3. I have admired his large collection of belts, ties, and suits... I think this admiration alone earns me the title.

Speak with him will you.