Monday, April 5, 2010

you'll be relieved to know

my body has been slowly bouncing back. don't get me wrong, i still have quite a bit of pregnancy weight to go, but my feet and face have returned to normal size. i'm quite glad as i had nearly forgotten what my ankles looked like.

the easter bunny did, in fact, visit our home. sure, we don't have space for anything in this house, but he somehow managed to squeeze his fluffy behind into the house to deliver penny's goods. however, the easter bunny was much lazier this year than i remember, because he brought the whole family's goodies in one basket. (i guess he didn't want to go digging through boxes in the basement to find everyone's basket...)

but don't worry. the little one was quite content to just play with her own bunny on easter morning.

we even got a photo of penelope enjoying easter ham in her easter dress with her easter papa.

should you need to take nail polish out of your mom's carpet after you indulge yourself with a home-grown pedicure during general conference, i have the answer: shaving cream. i kid you not. it worked like a charm. however, perhaps the best way to ensure your carpets are nail-polish-free is to check the lid of the bottle before moving it, thereby preventing spills in the first place. you know, the best defense is a good offense.

(see above foot photo for reference on the color of aforementioned nail polish)

penelope was blessed in church last week. i have tried to write about seven posts about that wonderful experience, but they have all been a bit too personal/emotional. i mean, with a little face and spirit this beautiful in our home, can you really blame me for getting choked up? so, i will try to keep the wonderful feelings from that day in a more private place and share a photo instead.

i am going back to work in eight days. if you are, in fact, relieved to know this, please let me know how we can somehow swap our emotions. at first, i was thrilled to have something to do every day and a reason to shower regularly. but now that i have considered the fact that penelope will be going somewhere else, and i will be missing every detail of her life, i am terrified and anxiety-ridden at the thought of work. how does one cope with this?

until i figure it out, i'll be relieved that i have such a blissful life for today.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

what a beautiful beautiful family- you LOOK GREAT!!! (my turn for caps little one)

and i have no answer for the leaving your kid anxiety problem as you well know, but look at all the love just in this post! everythings gonna be alright!

and now ambrose is dancing to the song on your blog and saying, "mama this is my favorite song. that's a daddy mama song."

true. :) he has great taste no?

melissa said...

i really really like that before/after comparison. really. (it makes me excited for the next 5 1/2 months to totally transform me.)

good heavens, i'm nervous already for having to go back to work after the child and i don't even know if i am going to, so i am no help (no help!) to you, except for prayers and happy thoughts.

Carrie said...

Whew. I've been worried about your feet.

Penelope is really so so beautiful. I love her baby blessing dress. Best of luck to all of you in your going back to workness. That's a hard one.

Audie said...

You look so beautiful in that last photo with your family. Her blessing dress is so cute! My mom got a little choked up telling me what a great job Jesse did on the blessing. She has such great things to say about your husband. I'm glad you two married and made such an adorable little girl!

B said...

I can't believe it has already been that long... How can you be even thinking about going back to work? I still haven't even met the little one. You do have a beautiful family and I miss you all. The picture of Penny and Bart pulled at my heart strings.

I don't know what to tell you about work I dread every day of it and I am not even leaving an adorable little baby.

Suzie Koskella said...

i have to say that i think you are the cutest family i have ever seen! and that is saying a lot because we are pretty darn cute! he he just kidding about the me part! she is so beautiful and she looks so much like you! i love it!

Debbie Davis said...

I meant to tell you several times this past weekend how good you looked. You're body is bouncing back beautifully :)

Jake said...

i had not ideas ankles/feet could sweel so large. glad to see your recovering. baby pen looks adorable.