Wednesday, August 26, 2009

because i could not stop for illness...

illness forced me to stop for the afternoon.

see, sometimes i get sick. and usually i convince myself that it's not going to go away just because i go home. and it's not like i can get anyone else ill (at least, i don't think that's where babies come from...)

and then all my books and web sites and silly pregnancy e-mail updates convinced me that i should be starting to feel much better. so i told everyone i was starting to feel better. and for a few days, i was.

then this week happened. and though monday and tuesday can be attributed entirely to the little wild thing, today showed that sometimes baby growing + diabetes = no bueno. and without being too graphic, just trust me. it was no bueno.

so for today, my big prayer is that i will actually be able to work my full nine hours tomorrow. it would be a first for the whole week. and i am reminded (yet again) that sometimes a little humility is a good thing. but i'm going to keep hoping that when my second trimester starts on sunday that illness will listen to all of my books and web sites and e-mail updates, and it will kindly stop for me.

this completely uninteresting post brought to you by a girl who hasn't left her house for anything other than work or church in far too long.

7 comments:

melissa said...

no bueno, maybe, but still up on your literary allusions. very nice.

WILLIAM AND LYNDA DAVIS said...

I empathize with you Becca. Severe morning sickness was my companion for many months.

I love you and know you have the strength to get through this difficult stage.

Congratulations on making it to your second trimester! It's a victory for you. This illness stage is SO WORTH IT!

Angie said...

bummer becca. i hope you start feeling better soon.

Audie said...

I feel so bad for you. I know morning sickness. We became good friends...especially when I was pregnant with Oakley. Gag.

Brigette said...

Hopefully the 2nd tri is much better for you. If not, it will make having your little babe that much sweeter.

Zan said...

I know nothing about pregnancy sickness and diabetes, but i do know something about seclusion. So, when you feel better and the wild thing settles down a bit (or gets more active, whichever), wanna play?

hope you feel better! (but now that i've mentioned a play date, you might wonder if my desire for you to feel better is completely selfish. I'll trust you to give me as much credit as i deserve.)

boo face mcjones said...

everyone: you'll be happy to know that the first day of the second trimester has been just swimmingly smooth. let's hope it keeps up!

zan: i think you hit the nail on the head! a play date is EXACTLY what i need. goodness you are intuitive.