Sunday, December 7, 2008

so this is christmas... and other updates

my, my. time flies when you are having fun. and, trust me, plenty of fun has been had in these parts.

i wish i had some photos to accompany this post, but i regretfully lack them. perhaps, if someone somewhere had room in his super kind heart to get me a new camera for christmas (i won't name names, but you know who you are) that could be remedied.

just to list some cool items of late:

a visit to benihana -- aka asian hooters (minus the nagasakis)
a stay in downtown slc
partying with aunt missy
a week of 'relaxation' with the families in IF
my first (and last) true black friday experience
putting up my christmas tree
buying jesse's christmas present, firmly denying him access until dec. 25
chopping off my hair--all of it
setting up jesse's christmas present dec. 4 (way to stick to your guns, becca)
eagerly awaiting the impending arrival of yet another sweet nephew from my sister/bff

i love these days when i can honestly step back and realize how wonderful life is.

on top of all of this, we are in the middle of the season dedicated to goodwill and peace on earth. as strangers get just a little bit nicer (unless they are shoppers at a NY walmart) to each other and searching to find ways to help those in need, my heart is brightened.

so, if you are reading, feel free to belt out your own rendition of this tune:

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
LET'S HOPE IT'S A GOOD ONE,
WITHOUT ANY FEAR!

12 comments:

Stephanie said...

that is a whole lotta fun! please tell jilene that we are excited for her and get up a picture of that hair of yours on the double!!

Adam & Jetta said...

I second the need for a picture of the new hair-do!!! Missing you!

Diane said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're having a fun holiday season. Two things: What is this mystery gift you got for Jesse? And please post a photo of the new hair!

jana said...

I second Diane's request: new hair must be shown.

I'm so glad things are going well for you! It makes my heart happy to know that God is blessing you in so many ways. Loves to you and your very persuasive hubby (how long did it take until you caved?).

Oh, and wish him good luck from me for the end of his semester. They do semesters in pharm school, right?

B said...

yea i love Christmas and you guys and short hair. I want pictures

Jones Family said...

I defnitely think it would be cool to see pictures posted. I love your site. It looks very festive. I too love this time of year. It is one of my favorites.

melissa said...

phew, i was afraid your lack of posting was due to being a slave to your job. which i'm sure is part of it, but i'm glad you're a-having a little fun, too.

bitty's comment is so appropriate: isn't she the short hair queen after all? so, uh, post a picture (for her).

Audie said...

I want to see pictures of the HAIR!! PRONTO!!

Angie said...

i'm dying to see your hair! you look cute in every cut and style so i already know you're lookin' good ... i just want to see what you did!

Christopher said...

Forget the hair I want to see the TV!

Andrea said...

your last true black friday experience? i didn't go this year, but i sort of wish i had... i need a TV bad!!!

speaking of which, did you buy jesse a TV-- which i gathered from the above comment? AWESOME!!!!

and yes, please post a pic of your new hair! i bet it looks fab.

Auntie M said...

OK I just want to acknowledge that Mr. Jones has you wrapped around his pinky finger!!! You are just like your father!